Vinyl Part 2| Trendspotting Vinyl Aw13

  

Hi guys! So as the post says. This is part two of the vinyl skirt. There is a part 3 coming! I think this post will allow me to illustrate just how to wear a vinyl skirt. I'm pretty sure most people like myself would look at a vinyl skirt and think 'But what would I wear it with?' Of course I had the same question as I was buying mine. This post in particular is my favorite. Simply because its one outfit yet it executes so many different styles to wear a vinyl skirt. Although the idea of vinyl skirt this season was steered to pencil skirts, there were plenty of vinyl skirts in all shapes and forms, the minis, the midis, etc. As seen on the catwalks of Topshop Unique (surprise surprise); dirndl skirts were the ideal wardrobe must have this season. Going back to the 50's with the ultimate (ha) lady in the full skirt, with a high wasted and tight waistband, and with the bottom quite wide. Soft feminine silhouettes were immensely popular in the 1950s (thanks to Christian Dior). Writing this has just inspired my next posts (after the vinyl of course). Without moving off topic, I wanted to show that you can do erotic elegance with a dirndl skirt in vinyl. 


This outfit shows that when you don't know how to wear your vinyl skirt to can wear a top in the same family color as your skirt. I wore a lighter grey top to give the outfit some sort of life to it. Had I gone for the exact same color, the outfit would've looked rather boring. Secondly when wearing a vinyl skirt (no matter the type of skirt), it is always a good idea to mix the textures. I would advise to pair them with knits more than anything. Complete opposites yet they look clean together. It's an easy wear with  a touch of modernity, a bit of retro glamour. 




Knitted Jumper: Primark| Skirt: River Island| Necklace: River Island| Shoes: River Island




Catwalk Inspirations:

Christian Dior| AW13| Although this is not vinyl; I think it appropriate for this post. 

Topshop Unique| AW13

Topshop Unique| AW13





3 comments:

  1. lovely post. check out my blog

    http://gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the grey on grey - big fan of PVC skirts too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovley pics of you in the grey pvc vinyl skirt! Just love it! I am a lover of vinyl,where can I get the skirt you have? regards anita.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!