Garden and Gowns of Delight!| Summer 2013 Inspirations

University of Portsmouth. Class of '13! Yes I'll be part of that in a few months! By God's Grace indeed. Explains the lack of posts recently! I'm pleased though. We've had a few hits from other countries other than the UK and the US in the past month disregarding our lack of posts. Thank you Thank you. We got the most pageviews from ofcourse UK and US but also Australia, Phillipines and Canada. Got single hits from Spain, Columbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina hehe. I'm merely just saying thank you. Hopefully very soon I'll be able to post more.


Since University has taken over my life I thought why not post something that wont make me feel so bad for neglecting my work lol. It's our graduation ball very soon and the theme has finally been revealed lol *drumroll* Secret Garden Grad Ball! The title is pretty much self explanatory. I'm so so excited lol. It's probably going to be a night I will never forget hehe. I was looking at spring couture '13 shows and they gave me butterflies (lol that wasn't on purpose).
The collections were filled with floral prints, romantic silhouettes, delicate and feminine shades. Absolute ethereal beauty!  My university could not have picked a better theme for this year. The grad ball theme is parallel to the current couture trends.
I randomly started looking at dresses for the ball and that sent me to look at catwalk inspiration.
(Designers from Left:Georges Hobeika, Elie Saab and Georges Hobeika)

All the collections were light, airy and feminine. The shows I like the best were of course Ellie Saab and Giambattisa Valli but since I discovered Zuhair Murad I'm considering him as Saab's competition lol. I think mostt of the ensembles were aiming to emphasise the female body with sexy silhouettes and pastel. So effortless and flirty. Pastels and whites were the main colors if not florals. What I loved the most were the embroiderries and embellishments on the dresses.

(Designers from Left: Zuhair Murad, Zuhair Murad and Christian Dior)

Now of course I won’t find exact replicas but this hopefully will help people get ideas on what dress they want to wear to whatever occasion they have coming up this season. Doesn't necessarily have to be Garden themed lol.. Enjoy and ciao!
- Coco xx

 (Designers from Left: Zuhair Murad, Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!