Lost Files #1| Dirndl Skirt

 

Hi guys,
We are slowly approaching spring and due to my miserable attempts to simultaneously cope with work life and social life, I have numerous pictures for Winter/Autumn posts which I never got the chance to upload. Seeing as the season is almost over I thought to finally post these before it is completely too late. So, today's post, is focusing on dirndl skirts (surprise surprise). I know I already have a WHOLE post about these skirts but I just can't get enough of them. The dirndl skirt always appears on the best runways in various colours, styles, prints, textures etc. They are a definite season must have and I'm certain they will be in next season too though I would recommend to get more summery colours (pastels and monochrome). I love these skirts because they are the ultimate lady wear (in my biased opinion of course). I like the fact that this skirt has a pretty silhouette. Of course when you think of silhouettes, you think of figure hugging clothes to show off the curves. But these skirts go way back in history to the 50's when the tiny waistline was the hallmark. It's the clever small waistband that gives the skirt the perfect lady shape. No matter your shape, this skirt will always have a smaller waistband. The bottom of the skirt of course is full and circular; giving off a feel of the curves (they come out after the waist right). With that being said, dirndl skirts are appropriate for any occasion, even the office! I however, have not been brave enough to wear one like this to work. Although the skirt is traditional, in terms of it's prominence in the olden days, you can easily modernise it with a pair of heels or boots and some accessories if you like. If that's a bit much for you you can wear them with a pair of flats for a young and fun look. It's a perfect street style wear too. You'll definitely have a few heads turn around. You'll be surprised how much attention this skirt can bring with it's minimal leg show. If you don't necessarily want a dirndl skirt you can add a tiny waist belt on top of a coat or dress with a similar style.
I absolutely love this skirt because of the pattern and the texture is amazing. It's extremely warm and slight heavy! I love how there are low pockets just below the hips; that alone nails the 1950's look.



LOOK 1:

Crop top: Topshop| Skirt: Asos| Shoes: Zara



 LOOK 2:  A turtle neck tucked into a dirndl skirt is chic and helps show that feminine shape. Add a statement accessory to give your look the wow factor.






LOOK 3: Now this outfit was a disappointment to me. I wanted to wear it with a black top that covers my midriff and chest. However I hadn't brought any with me that day and had to make-do with what I had. I hope you can somehow see the same vision I had!



Catwalk Inspirations:

Rochas| AW13

Oscar De La Renta| AW13


Aquilano. Rimondi| AW13

Lanvin| AW13

Prada| AW13

Rochas| AW13

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous! you look great in that outfit :) mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think. Please Leave comments!